Aegicare’s gene test service aims at carrying out assessment and genetic counseling about the risk of disease and provide follow-up supplementary evidence for clinical diagnosis and treatment based on gene sequencing and bioinformatics analysis. Because of the complexity of all the conditions, experiments, and results, taking a genetic counseling before receiving your genetic testing services will help you understand the risks and implications of the tests.
Before accepting our services, you are required to accept and agree to the full terms of service; once you accept the service, you are accepting the entire contents of this agreement. Please accept the terms and conditions to accept the service after you have read or become aware of this agreement. Minors under the age of 18 are required to perform the service with the permission and knowledge of the guardian.
In order to effectively protect your legitimate rights and interests in the process of receiving our services, Aegicare reminds you to read carefully and know the following precautions:
- Genetic testing uses molecular biology to detect and analyze disease-related genes. The gene test report issued is not a disease diagnosis result. It only provides a reference for physicians to make a diagnosis.
- The gene detection technology has certain requirements for the quality of the test sample. If the quality of the sample received does not meet the test requirements, the subject needs to provide the qualified sample again. If the first two samples don’t meet the requirements, an additional sample extraction fee of RMB100 per time will be added from the third sample inspection.
- If the subject received prior allogeneic transfusion, transplant surgery, stem cell therapy, etc., foreign DNA may be introduced and the test results may be affected.
- The genetic testing industry is a new and evolving field. The advancement of disease research is constantly updating the understanding of the pathogenesis of genetic diseases. Due to the limitations of the prior art, the negative results in the genetic testing report cannot completely exclude the detection.
- The test results may not be explained or the clinical significance is unknown. In rare cases, the test results may not meet the original clinical diagnosis of the situation.
- Your personal data in the process of participating in the genetic testing process is confidential, and your personal information and samples for inspection will be identified in a coded form. We will make every effort to protect your personal privacy to the extent permitted by law.
- For the genetic information and reports, we can use it in publishing for research purpose, improvement of clinical treatment methods, development of drugs, development of diagnostic monitoring equipment or related third-party organizations. But we will not disclose your personal genetic information to any third party without your consent or special legal circumstances.For the synthesis of genetic information and reports, we can use it for research institutions, publication of research articles, improvement of clinical treatment methods, drug development, development of diagnostic monitoring equipment or related third-party institutions. However, we will not disclose your personal genetic information to any third party without your consent or special legal circumstances.
The validity, explanation, modification, execution and dispute resolution of this agreement shall be governed by the laws of the People's Republic of China. Disputes arising from this Agreement shall be dealt with in accordance with the laws of the People's Republic of China and shall be under the jurisdiction of the People's Court where the defendant resides.